In a first look at head-to-head 2020 presidential matchups nationwide, several Democratic challengers lead President Donald Trump, with former Vice President Joseph Biden ahead 53 – 40 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National Poll released this week.
In other matchups, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University National Poll finds:
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over President Trump 51 – 42 percent;
- California Sen. Kamala Harris ahead of Trump 49 – 41 percent;
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren tops Trump 49 – 42 percent;
- South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg edges Trump 47 – 42 percent;
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker by a nose over Trump 47 – 42 percent.